1. Catch the flu.
2. Receive an email from afghans for Afghans that a last-minute youth clothing drive is on.
3. Discover that you can knit, and watch old episodes of Lost on the Hulu website when your flu symptoms are keeping you up at night.
4. Dig into your stash for some bulky wool that knits up quickly, and peruse The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns for an easy and seamless sweater pattern.
5. Start knitting from the bottom up on the Seamless Yoke Sweater.
6. Reach the armholes and discover, even though you knit a gauge swatch and you're following the pattern for your yarn amount, you will not have enough yarn for the sleeves.
7. Alter the plan. Knit a vest!