It actually started this past Fall, when the subject of a bucket list was discussed amongst some of my friends. One friend planned to attend an Impressionist art exhibit, where she would view "Starry Night" by Van Gogh. Another friend took motorcycle riding lessons for her birthday. My own husband and son checked an item off their bucket list in 2010 when they watched the Giants in a game of the World Series. All of this took place when I was reading blog posts written by lucky knitters who attended the NYS Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck. Soon I was musing about my own bucket list.
My list is all about the knitting. I wonder if I should call it a Basket List?
- Knit 12 pairs of socks in 2011.
- Attend the Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck.
- Knit the Baby Surprise Jacket pattern by Elizabeth Zimmerman.
- Design more knitting patterns.
- Knit a sweater from yarn I dyed myself.
- Learn to spin, and knit something from my own handspun yarn.
- Steek a stranded colorwork sweater.
- Buy a fleece, and knit a sweater from the resulting wool.
- Work through the Master Knitting program from TKGA.
- Knit through my Ravelry queue!
I would like to give away some prizes to thank my friends for sharing in this knitting/blogging journey during 2010, and perhaps to make some new friends. As a special shout out to any of my friends and family who check in on the blog sometimes even if they don't knit, I will replace one of the prizes with a hand knit item. Each entrant can only choose one prize, but everyone can earn multiple chances to win:
- First entry: I would like to know what is on your "bucket list". Leave me a related comment on this post by midnight on Saturday, Jan. 8, 2011 to be entered in the contest. [Edited to add: Please leave your Ravelry name or email address so that I can contact you if you win.]
- Second entry: Because I'm grateful for my friends and readers: When you leave a comment on this post, if you've already written at least 10 comments in 2010, you will automatically have an extra entry.
- Third entry: I've added the "Followers" gadget to the blog page. I know I have some regular readers who aren't yet "following" blogs. To encourage them to try it, I am adding an extra contest entry for anyone who is already a follower or who signs up before the end of the contest.
1) 1 skein of KnitPicks Shimmer in "Spice" and some US 1 needles. Here are some pretty things you can knit with just 1 skein.
2) 1 skein of Hand Maiden Sea Silk in the "Mineral" colorway. Here are some beautiful projects made from just one skein.
3) 1 skein of Socks that Rock lightweight in the "Flower Power" colorway. Colorful socks anyone?
4) A copy of Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders by Judith Durant. I was gifted this book when I already had a copy. There are some great projects in it.
Happy New Year! I'll be back to announce the winners after the contest. Maybe by then I will have knit my first finished object for 2011!